Terms & Conditions
Valid from 01. of July 2016
When booking a tour with Bikesonroad you accept and agree to the terms and conditions herewith.
Once we have accepted your booking and received your payment, the contract between us
will become binding and we will send you the payment confirmation and service
A deposit will be taken for all tours to secure your place. The deposit is 50% of the tour price. On receipt, a booking confirmation will be issued, confirming your place on the tour. Tours booked within 41 days of departure will require payment in full at the time of booking. Balance of payment is made payable by bank transfer.
Only 1 day tours will be paid cash at the beginning of the tour.
3. Tour Changes
Arrangements for your tour are made months, sometimes a year in advance. It is therefore inevitable that changes can occur. In most cases, these changes will be minor and will not affect your holiday. However, in the event of a major change, we will advise you immediately and you may then (a) continue the tour with the new itinerary, (b) accept an alternative of the same or similar value, or (c) cancel your holiday with a full refund.
We also reserve the right to cancel any tour. For example: Due to weather and/or road conditions or if the minimum number of clients required for a tour is not fulfilled. However, this would only become necessary in exceptional circumstances. In such an event, we would hope to offer you an alternative. If this were not possible or acceptable, we would issue a full refund. Bikesonroad will not be held responsible or offer a refund/compensation in any of the following situations: war, riots, civil unrest, terrorism, natural disaster or any unforeseen cancellations due to industrial disputes and/or weather or political complications and safety issues or advice, this includes but is not limited to: refusal into a country, for the purpose of preserving safety, mechanical failure or an accident beyond our control such as the tour guide being involved in a road traffic accident. Bikesonroad also reserves the right to cancel any tour within 30 days of departure if the tour has less than 3 full paying customers.
4. Our Responsibilities
We accept responsibility for supplying as near as physically possible a tour package as described in our Tour Brochure or in our tour itinerary. We are unable to control any deficiencies in services due to local conditions, maintenance, industrial dispute, religion, politics, or weather.
5. Your Responsibilites
a. To advise Bikesonroad of any illness, infirmity, allergies, disabilities, health issues of any kind or dietary needs that may affect your touring holiday.
b. Be a competent rider with a machine that is road legal, mechanically-sound and of a type suitable for touring (ideally 500cc and higher).
c. Hold a valid Certificate of Insurance covering machine, rider and pillion.
d. To ensure you have informed your insurance provider of any medical conditions
e. Have the ability to get yourself and/or bike home in the event of a breakdown, accident or emergency by having suitable breakdown and recovery cover (Repatriation cover).
f. To ensure your vehicle is secure overnight or when leaving the motorcycle unattended. Bikesonroad accept no responsibility for the loss of belongs or vehicles. (We recommend you use security devices such as a; disc lock alarm, a suitably approved chain and padlock, a GPS Vehicle Tracker.) Fortunately, many of the places we visit are safe and secure.
g. To ensure that you have all necessary insurances
6. Cancellation of Booking
Any cancellation must be notified in writing by the person who made the booking.
If you cancel your tour:
• More than 6 months before the start of your tour it will be charge free
• More than 41 days prior to the start of your tour, you will only be charged 30% of the tour price.
• Between 40 and 31 days, you will be charged 50% of the tour price.
• Between 29 and 20 days, you will be charged 80% of the tour price.
• Between 19 and 10 days, you will be charged 90% of the tour price.
• Between 9 and 1 days, you will be charged 100% of the tour price.
• At the departure day you will be charged 100% of the tour price.
The above mentioned deadlines means the receipt of the cancellation by Bikesonroad.
You may transfer your booking to another person. However, you will be liable for any administration costs and will be responsible for your nominee paying their monies in full.
7. Acknowledgement of risk, responsibility and liabilty
By making a booking for a motorcycle Tour (“the Tour”) with Bikesonroad GmbH I, the Participant, confirm that I understand and accept that:
1. I have provided accurate information to Bikesonorad about my motorcycle riding experience and ability and I confirm that I am a competent enough motorcyclist to participate in my chosen Tour.
2. I am adequately fit and physically capable to undertake the program set out in my itinerary and have no medical condition which would affect my participation in the Tour.
3. I am required to follow all reasonable instructions from Bikesonroad, its Tour Leader, employees or agents. I understand that if I fail to comply with these instructions, Bikesonroad reserves the right to suspend my involvement in the Tour and that I shall not be entitled to any refund of any amounts I have paid to Bikesonroad for participating in the Tour or any other costs incurred by me as a result of my having to leave the Tour.
4. The decision of the Tour Leader is final and binding, including any decisions made by the Tour Leader to change the itinerary at short notice or suspend myself or a member of my party from the Tour and I will respect and comply with any such decision.
5. I am solely responsible for my possessions. Bikesonroad accepts no liability for any damage to or loss of my property whilst taking part in the Tour (except where such loss or damage was as a result of Bikesonroad negligence).
6. Where I have requested to hire a motorcycle, I acknowledge that the motorcycle for this Tour is rented from a local third party supplier, under the terms and conditions of the third party. I understand that I am responsible for using the motorcycle in accordance with the local rental agreement and that I have to pay for any damage caused to the motorcycle directly to the local third party supplier.
7. I am required to comply with all statutory and legal requirements when participating in the Tour, including but not limited to all road traffic and driving laws.
8. I have provided emergency contact details to Bikesonroad and authorise Bikesonroad to contact that person(s) in the event of an emergency.
9. In cases of emergency, I authorise Bikesonroad, their Tour Leader, employees or agents as applicable to arrange any necessary medical or surgical treatments and to sign any required form of consent on my behalf. I accept that I am responsible for reimbursing to Bikesonroad any additional expense they incur on my behalf relating to my medical treatment or repatriation due to my injury, illness or other medical condition.
10. For tours travelling outside the EU, I understand that there are certain risks and dangers inherent in taking part in the Tour, including but not limited to the hazards of travelling in remote regions of developing countries, with medical facilities and response times that are often significantly worse than those in developed countries and that by the very nature of the activities I will be exposed to an element of personal risk over and above those associated with conventional holidays. These include the risk of personal injury and death and loss of or damage to my property.
11. I also expressly understand that I am under a duty to mitigate any risks to myself as far as is practicable, by taking all reasonable steps to ensure my own health and safety whilst on the Tour. Except as stated in paragraph 14, I accept full responsibility for these risks and I agree that Bikesonroad, its employees and agents are released from any liability resulting from my injury or death or any loss of or damage to my property suffered during the Tour.
12. Bikesonroad does not exclude or limit its liability for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law including liability for fraud or misrepresentation or for any death or personal injury suffered during the Tour which is caused by Bikesonroads negligence.
13. I will indemnify Bikesonroad for all losses suffered by Bikesonroad as a result of my behaviour, negligence or failure to comply with the terms of this Acknowledgement Form, Booking Conditions or otherwise.
14. The law of Swizterland are applicable to this Acknowledgement Form and I expressly submit to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts of Switzerland.
I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to the contents of this Acknowledgement Form and that I am 18 years of age or older.
8. Complaints Procedure
In the event of a complaint, in the first instance, you should approach the tour representative. If you still consider that your complaint has not been properly addressed, you should put your comments in writing and send them within 30 days of the scheduled date of return to: